What might I be entitled to?

Child/Working Tax Credits


[Home>Benefits>Tax Credits]

Tax Credits are a payment from the Government. If you are responsible for at least one child or young person who normally lives with you, you may qualify for Child Tax Credit. If you work, but have low wages you may qualify for Working Tax Credit. If you are entitled to tax credits you may also get help with any childcare costs incurred due to working.

Tel: 0345 300 3900 (The Tax Credit Office)

Child Benefit

www.gov.uk [Home>Benefits>Child Benefit]

Child Benefit is a tax free payment that you can claim for your child.

Tel: 0300 200 3100 (The Child Benefit Office)

Housing Benefit/Council Tax Benefit

www.gov.uk [Home>Benefits>Heating and housing benefits>Housing Benefit] /[Home>Benefits>Heating and housing benefits> Council Tax Reduction]

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit could help you meet the cost of your rent and/or council tax bill. You may be entitled to housing benefit and/or council tax benefit if you pay rent and your income, both capital and/or savings is below a certain level. You need to contact your local council in order to make a claim.

City of Lincoln


Benefits team: 01522 873355 or email benefits@lincoln.gov.uk

City Hall, Beaumont Fee, Lincoln, Linconlshire, LN1 1DD

North Kesteven


Tel: 01522 699699 or 01529 414155

Email: customer_services@n-kesteven.gov.uk

District Council Offices, Kesteven Street, Sleaford, Lincs, NG34 7EF

South Kesteven


Tel: 01476 406080

South Kesteven District Council, Council Offices, St Peter’s Hill, Grantham, Lincolnshire NG31 6PZ

South Holland


Tel: 01775 761161 or email info@sholland.gov.uk

Council Offices, Priory Road, Spalding PE11 2XE



Tel: 01205 314200

Municipal Buildings, West Street, Boston, Lincolnshire PE21 8QR

West Lindsey


Benefits team: 01427 676565

Gainsborough Guildhall, Marshall’s Yard, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire DN21 2NA

East Lindsey


Tel: 01507 601111 or email customerservices@e-lindsey.gov.uk

Tedder Hall, Manby Park, Louth, Lincolnshire, LN11 8UP

Income Support

www.gov.uk [Home>Benefit>Jobseeker’s Allowance and low income benefits>Income support]

You may be able to get income support if you are aged 16-59 and any of the following apply: you are a lone parent; you are registered sick or disabled; you are a student and either a lone parent of disabled; you are caring for someone who is sick and/or elderly; you are pregnant and your baby is due in the next 11 weeks. Contact Jobcentre Plus on 0800 055 6688 or visit your local Jobcentre Plus office:

Lincoln Jobcentre Plus Office

Lancaster House, 36 Orchard Street, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN1 1YZ

Grantham Jobcentre Plus Office

49A Castlegate, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 6SY

Boston Jobcentre Plus Office

Crown House, Lincoln Lane, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE21 8SJ

Louth Jobcentre Plus Office

17 Eastgate, Louth, Lincolnshire, LN11 9NB

Skegness Jobcentre Plus Office

1A Wainfleet Road, Skegness, Lincolnshire, PE25 3PA

Sleaford Jobcentre Plus Office

84 Southgate, Sleaford, Lincolnshire, NG34 7SW

Spalding Jobcentre Plus Office

Broadgate House, Westlode Street, Spalding, Lincolnshire,PE11 2BQ

Child Maintenance Options


Tel: 0800 988 0988

One Parent Families/Gingerbread


Gingerbread is an independent charity dedicated to promoting the interests and welfare of single parent families. The website offers clear, practical advice and support regarding the financial concerns of separated or lone parents.

Download Word Document